Witchmore is a new video game in development by Matt Hackett.
You are a witch living near a quiet village.
Do you choose to live peacefully with nature?
Or do you steal your neighbor's children to sacrifice them for powerful magic?
Follow the game's development
Subscribe to the Valadria newsletter to stay updated on development.
- 🎃 Witchcraft (brooms, ghosts, cauldrons, curses, and black magic)
- 🗡️ Dark themes like kidnapping, murder, and sacrifice
- 🖼️ Realtime 2D overhead gameplay
- 🎨 Hand-drawn sprites (with very little animation)
- 🎛 Player in control at all times (no cut scenes, no long dialogs)
- 🎮️ Simple inputs (move, run, interact, pick up, use, put down)
- ⚒️ Crafting system (create poison apples, shovels, wands, and more)
- 🌅 Day/night cycle
- Unity (game engine)
- Visual Studio Code (programming)
- Clip Studio Paint (art)
- git (version control)
As many as possible; by necessity I will begin with Windows, Mac, and Linux.
When it's ready.
More ways to follow development
- Join the Valadria discord
- Subscribe to Valadria on YouTube
- Subscribe to the Make the Game podcast
- Follow Matt Hackett (@richtaur) on Twitter
- Read the announcement post
The Witchmore press kit contains transparent promotional images, screenshots, and a recipe for roast toad with bat. (Only one of these is a lie.)