From Quake mods to game director with Jon Hackett
A brotherly chat with veteran AAA game developer and 3D artist Jonathan Hackett (Dead Space, Pistol Whip).
Grab your headphones! It's Make the Game's very first interview, with my own older brother Jon Hackett.
This is a unique opportunity to get Jon's perspective because he's not as accessible or outgoing as me or some other indies. We discuss how we got into games and how our careers have been different, especially when comparing AAA to indie.
Listen on your favorite podcast app
Watch on YouTube or Spotify
- GDC Classic Postmortem: Warren Robinett's Adventure
- 5 ways to take your creative side seriously right now
- VLC - The greatest open source software of all time??
- How limitations set you free
- The Make the Game "dream gear" Amazon Wishlist
- You were played out by Space Ambience by Alexander Nakarada
The Big Thread of #GameDev Threads!
Have you read my hot new twitter thread? Currently sitting at 591 retweets, it's packed with game dev knowledge! Treat yourself to a fun, informing read.